22nd European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems
September 2-5, 2018
The ADBIS conference
The internationally recognized ADBIS conference already for 22 years is gathering researchers and practitioners around topics related to databases, data processing, and information systems, in general. The conference is run in Europe but attracts researchers from all over the world. The 22nd ADBIS conference will be held in Budapest, Hungary.
The conference is accompanied by satellite events, including PhD consortia and workshops.
Typically, workshops focus on multiple topics related to data storage and processing. This year we would encourage also workshops focusing on practical applications of research in business/industry and on joint projects run by industry and research entitites.
The list of workshop topics is not limited to the aforementioned and we encourage representatives of research and business to submit workshop proposals promoting their achievements.
Submitting workshop proposals
Workshop proposals should be emailed to the workshop chairs:
• Silvia Chiusano (Politecnico di Torino, Italy) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Csaba Sildó (SZTAKI (Institute for Computer Science and Control, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest), Hungary) email@example.com
• Tania Cerquitelli (Politecnico di Torino, Italy) firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposal should include:
• A workshop title
• Estimated length (1 day or 1/2 day)
• Names, affiliations, and e-mails of PC chairs
• Short bio of the workshop PC chairs, including previous experience in organizing workshops or conferences (if applicable)
• A (tentative) list of PC (if possible)
• A workshop main goals
• The list of a workshop topics
• Preliminary CFP
• How information about a workshop will be disseminated and how papers will be solicited
The organizers of accepted workshops are expected to: organize the workshop’s program committee, disseminate the workshop call for papers, solicit submissions, conduct the reviewing process, and prepare the final workshop program.
The official language of workshops is English.
Workshops will benefit from the ADBIS 2018 organizational infrastructure and receive support w.r.t. registration, badges, lunches, coffee breaks, and publication of the workshop proceedings.
Workshop paper will be published by Springer in ‘Communications in Computer and Information Science’.
We plan to invite selected workshop papers for publication in a journal.
• Submission of workshop proposals: February 2, 2018
• Workshop acceptance/rejection notification: February 9, 2018
• Camera-ready: June 18, 2018
• Workshops: September 2, 2018
A detailed workshop timeline, i.e., deadlines for submissions, reviews, camera-ready due, are proposed by the workshop PC chairs, in agreement with the ADBIS 2018 workshop chairs.
ADBIS 2018 workshop chairs